Sign in to follow this  
missjamille

How is the best way to protect myself from my ISP?

missjamille
Posted (edited)

I taught my mother how to use these types of sites to find shows she likes.  She downloads from streaming and lately has gone over to torrenting which i don't like very much and I stopped using about like 10 or so years ago when it was new.  She then got a letter from her ISP and now is very paranoid. Her ISP has even blocked other sites, luckily not this one.  I have found a way around this for her but she is paranoid.  Anyone who downloads and torrents, what do you do to protect yourself?  She seems to think VPN is the only answer.  I have searched this forum but can't find anything.  I stream only so I don't have these issues.

Edited by missjamille
  • Like 2

Harrier

I use a VPN and never have I had any problems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Traceydeadhead

Same...i just use Browsec on Chrome or Zenmate on FF both free and can get on any site that Virgin blocks including torrents.

• Like 2

Bukcherry
18 hours ago, missjamille said:

I taught my mother how to use these types of sites to find shows she likes.  She downloads from streaming and lately has gone over to torrenting which i don't like very much and I stopped using about like 10 or so years ago when it was new.  She then got a letter from her ISP and now is very paranoid. Her ISP has even blocked other sites, luckily not this one.  I have found a way around this for her but she is paranoid.  Anyone who downloads and torrents, what do you do to protect yourself?  She seems to think VPN is the only answer.  I have searched this forum but can't find anything.  I stream only so I don't have these issues.

I don't blame her being paranoid getting a letter through the mail is not nice , be interested to know what that letter said and how it was presented . Was it very personal or just sent to all users of the ISP ? 

I do still torrent everything I find it works well for me , there are many Pirate Bay proxy sites available so if one is blocked try another one but if letters are being received I would opt for a VPN . 

• Like 2

Merciless