RobinBanks

Game of Thrones (Discussion)

629 posts in this topic

YUf8Y.jpg

Links thread - must be logged in to view

OST - must be logged in to view

2 people like this

Here are some photos from the set while they film part of Season Two in Croatia, for your viewing pleasure. Some of the pictures could be considered spoiler'ish, as they portray certain events that take place in Kings Landing.

1174007.56.jpg

Lena Heady as Cersei, with some of her Lannister soldiers, they look pretty cool.

1176007.56.jpg

Sandor protecting Joffrey from an angry mob, notice the poo on Joff's face, hehe.

1180007.55.jpg

Happy Hound, Sansa, and Joffrey.

IMG_2410_900px.jpg

Joffrey's Royal Flag, a marriage between Lannister and Baratheon sigils.

IMG_2394_500px.jpg

A nice little boat for Lannisters.

IMG_2351_900px.jpg

1 person likes this

Come april, I will be all up in this thread. The costuming for this show is just amazing though. The sheer work it must take is boggling.

Agreed. It's as interesting to watch W/O audio imho. But the writing is excellent. Makes your brain work to actually catch what they are saying...lmao I especially liked the comment, "Maybe I should wear the Armor, and you the gown!"

I didn't watch this as it was airing, as is with most things other than sports, but after I d/l'd and watched it all I have to say this is my absolute favorite newer show. It's just amazing. Great story line, terrific actors; with the exception of Jason Momoa; excellent locations and sets, and the costumes just totally put you in a medieval realm.

They're going to need some more star power next season with the death of Sean Bean's character Ned Stark though. And I hope Arya guts that F'n sniveling little wretch incest survivor "King". BRING ON THE DRAGONS!

2 people like this

First look at Season 2. If anyone is curious who any of the characters are, I bet I can name them for you. smile.png

Edited by Indigocell

They don't really need a 'star', just decent casting. Everyone is hooked now anyways.

1 person likes this

That's actually a fan-made trailer with only footage from season 1, but it's very well edited and still worth a watch.

Good eye Indigo.

I've got my copy of the latest book & have been holding off on reading it because it was finished so long after the last one that I'm thinking of rereading the others before I read the new one, tosses coin. Sooo much to read & not enough time. This dang thing has me all gooped up.

Winter is coming & winter is here, snickers as he ambles off.

I can't hardly stand to NOT read any further.I just got to about halfway through the first book.

But I'll be strong and not ruin it for myself.

Yes JimBeam,that lil incest survivin a hole,is gonna get it,or asses will be kicked and names taken.

I wanna see how he treats the Imp when they meet again,because of the beating the Imp gave him for not showing proper respect.And if thee aren't any Dragons this season,my head WILL explode.

:laughing:

2 people like this

You might be alright reading them all fella. This series can't possibly follow too closely to the books because it would take far too many episodes than the studios/networks are willing to shell out for expenses & production costs etc.

My jackedupness is more about the rereads than anything. Do your worst, read them or don't.

Making Game of Thrones: Arya's new look.

Edited by Indigocell

TY for the links Indi.

Np, I'm really looking forward to Season Two, and have been keeping up with the production diary as you can see. Apparently there are rumors that they are going to go straight into producing Season Three after Season Two, there's even an unofficial date set for it. I'll share the quote here from another discussion forum.

A brief introduction about myself. I work for a producer who may or may not have upcoming projects at HBO and thus I may or may not be privy to "inside" information. That being said, I am a rabid ASOIAF fan and have torn through every book and have watched the GoT series possibly five times over.

According to the "HBO Competitive Calendar" (how shows are mapped out and scheduled against other shows across different networks, demographics etc.) the start date for GoT: Season 2 is April 8, 2012. The start date for GoT: Season 3 is March 3, 2013.

1 person likes this

Even though it's a bit too soapy, this is one of the few fiction shows I've managed to enjoy over the last few years. I hope they don't fuck it up.

Notes from the set: Belfast

Some more behind the scenes footage and commentary about filming on location in Belfast. Some good shots in here.

Edited by Indigocell

Thank you Indigo. I love this show. I rabidedly forced people to watch it..(it was only force for the initial first episode..now they are all waiting too!)

You're welcome. I'll try and keep this thread up to date with production details and such. :)

The first episode hooked me as well, I had to go and read all the books. I can't wait to see some of that translated on screen.

Edit for a small update: So the rumor has been that the production team wants to go straight into filming the 3rd, and 4th seasons. One reason for this is it will save money, another concern is the children aging between seasons which would obviously be minimized this way.

If that's true, the 3rd and 4th seasons will probably cover the events of the 3rd book in the series, which is considerably longer than the previous ones. I really hope this turns out to be the case.

Edited by Indigocell

Making Game of Thrones: Renly's Armor.

Another short video clip. By the way, it looks like season two will be premiering on April 1st. :)

Thanks again Indigo.Can't wait.

How this didn't win the Gobshite Globes for best TV series is beyond me.. it lost what little crediblity it ever did have for me. Dinklage getting best supporting actor doesn't make up for their idiocy.

Can't wait for series 2, best show on TV alongside Boardwalk Empire, aka the only ones I'd actually turn my TV on to watch at a scheduled time.. that doesn't happen though due to DF bringing it to me before it does :lol:

I also just realised the uncanny resemblance of Peter Dinklage to Hugh Laurie..

Edited by Mercury

Season 2: In Production - Croatia

Apparently this was a short video released to HBO on demand on the 16th, went up online shortly after. Just some behind the scenes stuff about filiming at the new location, Dubrovnik. I was worried the change in location would screw with the continuity somewhat, but I have to say that city looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5ItWizs08

Edited by Indigocell

Yet another short video. These guys are doing a good job of releasing this sort of stuff in order to keep the hype going, in a way it helps make the wait easier.

Making Game of Thrones: Art Direction

I've just started watching the 1st series, its great. My friend Esme has a small part in it.

1 person likes this

I'm injecting heroin into my veins every day until this show returns, it's the only thing that comes close to this show. Good heroin, too, not that cheap shit.

Edited by Singularity
1 person likes this

Best show ever.