jackson

Rate the last movie you watched

643 posts in this topic

The Accountant

This movie was superb. It was better than I expected.

I had it downloaded for a while before I decided to watch it.  Now that I have it, I will be watching it again tonight.

9/10

Yeah mate - really enjoyed this show aswell & had it on download for a while before i watched it too. I think the trailer kinda put me off - it doesnt do the movie justice & i wasnt expecting it to be such an enthralling show..

I've re-watched the best bits quite a few times now!

8.5/10

1 person likes this

Hardcore Henry 1/10

F*ck me but getting through that was hard work... Basically, an attempt to hollywood an FPS play-through. But the actors were less convincing than even the crappiest of NPCs from 1990s games, and the dialogue was... well, pretty bloody awful. Some of the special effects were a laugh, but I spent most of the movie trying not to puke from seasickness. If this is the sort of movie you're into then YouTube's got a pile of better play-throughs that beat this mess hands down.

Avoid!

Your description is exactly the impression i got from the trailers man - especially the "sea-sickness" aspect..

Looks like a pile of shite & a waste of my time watching it, so i never intend to.

Thanks for the confirmation :)

1 person likes this

....on Irish's recommendation I watched Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000)

I'm a straight up sucker for this kind of shlock. Takes me back. Like a grilled cheese (made with real cheddar mind you) or a freshly shorn scrotum. Simpler times.....

8/10 if you like this kind of thing. Otherwise, a 4.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0255198/

http://board.dailyflix.net/topic/69087-godzilla-vs-megaguirus-2000/?hl=tt0255198

Edited by rotor
1 person likes this

Nocturnal Animals (2016) 

I was really hoping this was going to be better, it's just an awful story passed off as something far more deep and interesting due to it being wrapped in a fractionally less dull subplot. Jake G is often in great interesting films but this isn't one of them . I really hated this . 2/10 . 

2016%2F9%2F4%2Fnocturnal-animals-poster2

Edited by Bukcherry
1 person likes this

Split (2016) 6/10
not really a fan of James McAvoy but this movie is worth a watch. pretty interesting concept, at least to me. Id say he does a pretty decent job and so does the main female lead. movie is similar to 6 Souls (2010) though id say Jonathan Rhys does a better job.

1 person likes this

Split (2016) 6/10

not really a fan of James McAvoy but this movie is worth a watch. pretty interesting concept, at least to me. Id say he does a pretty decent job and so does the main female lead. movie is similar to 6 Souls (2010) though id say Jonathan Rhys does a better job.

The end of this movie really makes it that much better, It was ok but that last scene just made me so excited!

2 people like this

Microwave Massacre (1983) - 5/10

Nothing special and more comedy than horror, but it is a good one time watch for a movie that is so bizarre like this one.

Resident Evil The last chapter

Well l would at first rate this movie 

8/10

I was told at first this movie was boring but thought well we will see about this

I thought the film was full of action and kind of had you jump out of your chair a few times

It was also a little scarey so if you cant take that l wouldnt watch it

But if you dont mind action and a little gore you will like it

I was surprised at the end l thought well being called the last chapter this is it no more evil dead but as always the main star jumps up and says this is not the end hmm

So maybe we might be having another installiment maybe 

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) 6/10

seen it a few times before (as i have a soft spot for the novel, theme etc), i'd say it's pretty good. both Jim Caviezel and Guy Pearce do some decent acting in it, i think. 

Arrival (2016) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543164/?ref_=nv_sr_1

8/10

I stumbled over the short story that the movie is based upon some little time ago now. I loved it, a gem of a story with some strong emotional and intellectual grounding - exactly the sort of thing that makes a classic piece of science fiction. (And I have to say, short stories seem to make the best bases for movies: just think of 2001: A Space Odyssey, based upon the short story Sentinel.) The short story is The Stories of Your Life by Ted Chiang, in a collection of the same title.

I was a little worried about the movie, just as to how it was going to portray the heavily internalised form of the story. I was also a little worried about the casting of Jeremy Renner, Hawkeye from the Marvel movies. I needn't have worried, he was great - though the movie was pretty well owned by Amy Adams who was terrific. Forest Whitaker as the Colonel, however, was a disaster - I just don't get why folk keep rating him as anything more than a hack actor.

Anyway, the movie was terrific. The aliens and the alien language were presented wonderfully, and Adams really sold the whole 'What the fuck is this!?' tone of the encounter... I'm not sure that I would have got everything if I wasn't already familiar with the story, but even just as spectacle it was great... So, 8/10 - with the wooden Colonel being the element that made me drop those 2 appreciation points!

Great movie :-)

1 person likes this

Beauty and the Beast (2017) 5/10

has its funny moments, Emma Watson isn't my cup of tea but the special effects, costumes, music etc are pretty well made. Luke Evans makes for a good villain, way better than the beast or Belle. all in all it's worth a watch, as long as you don't expect too much.

Edited by justLiz

The Founder  8.5/10

Great film about the origin of fast food franchise McDonalds. Really interesting watch and I really liked the actors. Great story and I recommend anyone give it a watch!

Gold 8/10

The story of the Bre-X scandal in the 90's, really enjoyed this one. I think they changed some names around, the company wasnt Bre-x, but its a pretty good telling of the story. Another decent film with some solid actors involved...

Crazy Stupid Love. Pretty good considering I dont do Rom Coms. 7/10