jackson

Rate the last movie you watched

667 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, justLiz said:

The Belko Experiment(2016) 

4/10. watch only if youre a horror/thriller fan. the premise of it is good, acting is pretty bad i think. was expecting more.

I liked it. Cube or BR it is not. But of that genre. Some decent, yet largely unknown actors who do pretty well. Quite a British vibe in there. Good concept..7/10.

2 people like this

Annabelle (2014)

5/10. i honestly liked it better the first time around, but it's still worth a watch for horror fans. it's got some suspenseful moments and a few scary ones. heard the new one is getting excellent reviews so this is worth seeing also, if you plan on watching the new one. doubt it's gonna make much sense without it, in the likes of the Conjuring 'series', the Ring series etc.

Lost City of Z

Very slow and maybe not one one is expecting. 4 outta 10

1 person likes this

Constantine (2005) 8/10

one of my favorite movies ever, i like the fact that it's not the classic exorcist movie. and the fact that the main character (K Reeves) is not picture perfect but in fact an anti hero up to a point.

1 person likes this

Just watched 'The Revenant' again. Great film. One of my favorites. People like Hugh Glass have always interested me. On the strength of that one, gonna watch another of Alejandro Inarritu's movies, Biutiful with the brilliant Javier Bardem.

Another excellent film is 'The Dancer Upstairs' based on true events, [book by nicholas shakespeare is very good as well] directed by John Malkovitch, soundtrack, Nina Simone, also starring Javier Bardem, as the detective trying to track down the maoist leader of a cult, the shining path, close to overthrowing the government, in a south american country.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118926/

Edited by Brigant
2 people like this

The Reckoning. 2002/2003. Another great movie. A travelling group of actors in medievel england, take a priest on the lamb, and arrive in a village, controlled by a norman lord, where a murder has taken place. Up until then all actors or 'players' only recited bible stories, but the leader of their troupe, willem dafoe, decides to try and recreate the mystery, on stage as a play. Lots of good actors, and an excellent film.

[The novel by barry unsworth, the morality play is also excellent]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258816/

Edited by Brigant
1 person likes this

does ep3, crisis in 6 scenes, count? can't believe i didnt recog miley cyrus. 5/13